"A focus on a 'skilled workforce is the wrong approach. What we need is a well-led workforce."
Episode 59 of The Construction Leading Edge podcast from www.constructionleadingedge.com is an interview with Mark Breslin of Breslin Strategies, and in this construction podcast, we cover topics including the following:
- Why we need a well-led workforce, not just a skilled workforce.
- Common mistakes contractors make when it comes to their field level leaders.
- What is the ROI for investing in field leaders?
- Characteristics to look for when you're hiring or promoting leaders.
- How to move up in the ranks of your company if you're an up-and-coming leader.
- Key areas to train your leaders on.
- What progressive project owners understand about field leadership, and what they're doing to make sure they get it on their projects.
Resources mentioned in this construction podcast:
Breslin Strategies - www.breslin.biz
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck