This episode of the Construction Leading Edge podcast from www.constructionleadingedge.com addresses this problem:
The typical approach to construction safety ignores the well-known science of human motivation...and could actually make some people LESS LIKELY to work safely.
Topics covered in this construction podcast:
- The psychology that is ignored by the typical approach to safety enforcement and discipine.
- Wrong Belief #1: "It's my job to think for you and keep you safe."
- Wrong Belief #2: "I have to motivate you to work safely."
- Wrong Belief #3: "I have to tell you how to work safely and control you."
- The two biggest motivators, that are well-known by motivation and psychology experts, but ignored by many construction safety programs.
- Why safety should not be a priority.
- Five strategies you can use to tap into the psychology of human motivation and help your team work more safely.
Resources mentioned in this construction podcast:
Instant Influence: How to Get Anyone to Do Anything--Fast by Michael Pantalon
Join the Construction Business Accelerator Mastermind Group - Become part of an exclusive group of construction business owners and get the support and answers you need for your business.
Free Microsoft Project Scheduling Course - Learn how to create your own construction schedules in MS Project...for FREE.
Construction Business Owners - Schedule a Free Business Breakthrough Coaching Session