A strong and positive mindset is the most important characteristic of an outstanding leader. Learn how to de-bug your belief system by identifying and conquering the limiting beliefs that are sabotaging your success.
A preview of what you'll learn in this episode:
Limiting beliefs 1 - 5
- Obstacle focus vs. Objective focus : An obstacle focus will limit you to obsessing over the obstacles to achievement rather than the objective you are working towards.
- Scarcity mentality: People stuck in a scarcity mentality believe that everything is a zero sum game. They believe that selling means taking and struggle with paranoia.
- Success as a destination: "When I accomplish ______ all my problems will be gone." Success is in the process. Believing that success is a destination is a recipe for disappointment.
- Achievement vs. appreciation: An achievement centered mindset brews frustration. Choosing appreciation over achievement frees up mental space wasted on frustration and replaces it with gratitude and focus.
- The escape route mentality: Spending time working on a "Plan B" or finding a way out of your current project drains you of energy that should be channeled towards project execution.
Listen for the full rundown of the 37 limiting beliefs!
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Schedule Your Construction Business Breakthrough Session
The Construction Business Accelerator: Boost Revenue 27%, Put Financial Stress Behind You and Turn Your Business Into a Well-Oiled Profitable Machine