Mon, 16 August 2021
EPISODE 221: John Warrillow is an expert in the mechanics of selling a business. He's helped thousands of business owners build and harvest the value of a business, and his written several books on the subject.
Here's what you're going to learn about in this construction podcast episode:
- Why most construction businesses are unsellable, and what to do to fix it.
- What is TVR?
- Trojan Horse effect of a subscription model.
- The "Freedom Point", and how it relates to the right time to sell your business.
- What John calls the "Pull Factor" and why it's important if you're planning to sell...or even retire.
- Disastrous mistakes to avoid when selling a business.
- Due diligence you should be doing as the seller.
- Clauses to watch out for during a transaction.
- I asked John what the #1 thing sellers do to sabotage themselves.
- The question you don't want to answer during the negotiation.
- Why the value of your business is in the eye of the beholder.
Resources mentioned in this construction podcast episode:
STRUXI Labor Productivity Software - https://struxi.com
3 Questions to Help You Get Paid for Estimates - https://buildermasterclass.com/script
Mastermind Group for CoConstruct Users- https://buildermasterclass.com/cogroup
Schedule Your Strategy Call with Todd Dawalt - https://buildermasterclass.com/apply
Connect with John Warrillow and get some of his resources - https://learn.builttosell.com/construction
Direct download: Construction_Leading_Edge_221_John_Warrillow_MIX.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 5:00am EDT