Sat, 12 December 2015
How to get started with Lean Construction, even if you have no idea where to start...
David Umstot is the President of Umstot Project and Facilities Solutions, LLC. He is a California-registered Professional Civil Engineer with 29 years of leadership experience in private sector and public agency construction program management and facilities management.
He has delivered more than $2 Billion in construction projects, and he is an expert in project delivery methods, specifically lean construction.
We cover topics including:
- Lean construction techniques that will help your foremen nearly double their success rate at meeting schedule and production commitments.
- How Lean Construction methods can help you speed up your projects and make more money.
- The fundamental mindset shifts you need to make to be more successful.
- A better way to plan your projects, and how you can never issue meeting minutes again.
- What is the Last Planner system?
- How to get started with Lean, even if you have no idea where to start.
-Why being a successful "firefighter" on a project can be a bad thing.
- The psychology of motivation that Lean planning taps into.
How to connect with David Umstot:
Company website - www.umstotsolutions.com
David's LinkedIn page (which also has some interesting articles and videos)
Email - david.umstot (at)umstotsolutions.com
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Archisnapper - A great way to create good looking reports to keep your clients informed on projects.
41 Mistakes to Avoid When Dealing With Conflict At Work - Download the entire list and see which ones you are guilty of.