Mon, 25 January 2021
Dr. Sally Spencer-Thomas survived her brother's suicide and is now a subject matter expert in workplace suicide prevention, men's mental health and resilience.
What you'll learn from this construction podcast episode:
- Why a business owner said to her over coffee, "I don't want to wait until an employees dies."
- Story about what a police chief said to one of his officers after he attempted suicide.
- Why does the construction industry have one of the highest suicide rates?
- What is the #1 canary in the coal mine, so to speak, when it comes to suicide.
- How do issues of mental health connect with jobsite safety?
- A few things to think about if you're within 10 years of retirement.
- Behaviors that are early indicators you want to watch out for.
Resources mentioned in this construction podcast episode:
Workplace Suicide Prevention- https://workplacesuicideprevention.com/
Billd - They'll pay your supplier up front and give you 120 day terms. Learn more and estimate your cash flow needs at http://www.billd.com/CLE
3 Questions to Help You Get Paid for Estimates - https://buildermasterclass.com/script
Mastermind Group for CoConstruct Users- https://buildermasterclass.com/cogroup
How to connect with Dr. Sally Spencer-Thomas: