Mon, 8 February 2021
You should walk into every contract expecting to negotiate? Learn what to look for and how to quit getting screwed.
What you'll get from this construction podcast episode with construction attorney Karalynn Cromeens:
- The bid and scope are never the same, and not understanding the difference has cost some people their business.
- There's no room for charity in a business transaction.
- What is the first rule of subcontracts?
- Common misconceptions about subcontracts.
- How liens work and why they are leverage.
- You should walk into every subcontract expecting to negotiate. What are some negotiation strategies?
- Clauses to look out for in subcontract agreements
- How to negotiate a "Pay when paid" clause
- "Being clear is kind."
- You say that "the bid and scope are never the same" and that you've had clients lose their entire business because they didn't realize this.
- Tell us about the Subcontractor Institute
- Talk about your book - Quit Getting Screwed
Resources mentioned in this construction podcast episode:
Quit Getting Screwed: Understanding and Negotiating the Subcontract by Karalynn Cromeens- https://amzn.to/2Z2n725
Billd - They'll pay your supplier up front and give you 120 day terms. Learn more and estimate your cash flow needs at http://www.billd.com/CLE
3 Questions to Help You Get Paid for Estimates - https://buildermasterclass.com/script
Mastermind Group for CoConstruct Users- https://buildermasterclass.com/cogroup
How you can connect with Karalynn Cromeens
Karalynn Cromeens on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/karalynn-cromeens-55ba216/
Company website - https://cromeenslawfirm.com