Tue, 31 January 2023
EPISODE 274: What makes a construction business successful? Is it cementing a failproof system OR finding the right people that get things done?
Torrey Hawkins, President of Angler Construction, LLC, drops some value bombs on how he managed to scale his construction business to $200 million in revenue per year.
In this week's episode of The Construction Leading Edge podcast, I sit down with Torrey to talk about...
- the biggest challenges that Torrey has faced in growing a business to $200 million per year
- the systems and processes that catapulted his business to success
- some advice on how to lead your construction team through tough times
- what his day looks like as someone who has grown a business to such size and scale
- and a whole lot more!
If you're a visionary looking to scale your construction business while getting out of the day-to-day details, you'll get a lot of practical advice from this episode.
Let's jump right in!
Meet Torrey Hawkins (01:06)
How Torrey started his construction business (05:37)
What does the business look like now? (07:16)
Biggest challenges during the growth (13:08)
How to level up as a construction business leader (18:03)
Recruiting and hiring top-quality talent (20:15)
On systems and processes that scaled the business (23:24)
What it's like to be a visionary (30:29)
How Torrey spends his time as a 9-figure construction business owner (36:50)
Keeping your team moving forward during a crisis (38:14)
On sharing the vision and getting the team on board with it (43:18)
The burning-the-ship mentality (50:25)
Managing the double-edged sword of being a visionary (53:23)
Episode wrap-up (58:08)
- Join the Move the Needle 28-Day Challenge HERE
- Register for The ADVANCE Live Meetup | March 30-31, 2023 | Austin, TX HERE
- Schedule a Breakthrough Session with our team HERE
- Listen to my 2015 interview with Torrey HERE
- Connect with Torrey HERE
- Check out Angler Construction HERE
The Construction Leading Edge Podcast helps construction business owners maximize their revenue, eliminate chaos, systematize their work, and win back their time.
Follow us on your favorite podcasting platform so you never miss an episode!
Tue, 24 January 2023
Episode 273: Your brain is hard wired to love habits. Here's how you can use that to your advantage, and achieve just about any outcome you set your mind do.
What you'll learn about in this construction podcast episode:
Resources mentioned in this construction podcast episode:
Move the Needle 28 Day Challenge - www.constructionleadingedge.com/group
The ADVANCE Live Meetup | March 30-31, 2023 | Austin, TX - www.constructionleadingedge.com/advance
Schedule a Breakthrough Session with our team: www.constructionleadingedge.com/apply